A study compared chiropractic patients and non-chiropractic patients who were 75 years or older. What they found was:
- 87% of chiropractic patients described their heath as good to excellent. Only 67% of non-chiropractic patients said the same.
- The chiropractic patients exercised more regularly and had fuller social lives. They were also less likely to use prescription drugs.
They also found that chiropractic patients reported:
- Fewer chronic conditions by 15%
- Fewer symptoms of arthritis by 22%
- Less time in nursing homes by 15%
- Less time in hospitals in the last three years by 21%
Dr. Jayne Bidgood
Victory Health & Wellness
Shekelle, Paul G., Alan H. Adams, Mark R. Chassin, Eric Hurwitz, Rolla Edward Park, Reed B. Phillips and Robert H. Brook. The Appropriateness of Spinal Manipulation for Low-Back Pain: Indications and Ratings by an All-Chiropractic Expert Panel. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 1992.